Summary: Five ‘when-then’ signs signal the ‘day of the Lord,’ when the current papal “Year of Mercy/Jubilee” ends December 31. Multiple Bible texts support an earthquake as initiating the end-times.
- “The day of the Lord” begins with an earthquake (Joel 2:10,11; Zeph 1:7,10, 1Thess 5:2,3) and it was signaled by the rare solar eclipse and blood moon at the beginning of the biblical year, March 20, 2015. “The sun shall be darkened and the moon turned to blood [paniym, facing] the day of the Lord.” Events marked 2015 as facing 2016 when we may expect “the day of the Lord” this spring.
- “The day of the Lord comes…when they say ‘Peace and safety,’ sudden destruction comes” 1Thess 5:2,3. Iran’s Nuclear Treaty was ‘Peace & safety’ talk—they have already violated it with missile tests.
- Billy Graham said a decade ago, if God waits much longer, He will have to apologize to Sodom that the Bible calls an abomination. This abomination was “standing where it ought not” (Mk 13:14) in Supreme Court last year, adding to the ‘when-then’ signs that Christ gave when Lot fled, Lk 17:29.
- Four events in the fall of 1987 were a microcosm of end-time events. They included the Persian Gulf Crisis, a Stock Market Crash of 512 points, the pope’s visit and an earthquake inWhittier Calif. We are seeing aspects of all the above except for the earthquake.
- ‘The Great Disappointment’ in 1844 resulted from misunderstanding the timing of the judgment in Dan 7:9,10 and how ‘the Bridegroom comes,’ Matt 25:6. They thought it was about a rapture.Pioneers missed the “great words” of the ‘little horn’ in the context of Dan 7:8-11. Napoleon had taken the pope prisoner and he died in exile in 1799. No great words as shown twice in Dan 7:8-11, BUT last fall, the pope had “great words” for the UN General Assembly and it was ON the Day of Atonement—the missing ingredient when Millerites thought the judgment would occur in 1844.John’s ‘bitter belly’ after he ate the little book of Daniel (like pioneer misunderstood it) typified SDA pioneers that grew out of the disappointment with the words “prophesy again,” Rev 10:10,11. But that movement soon became like other denomination and worse, voted a hierarchical church structure like the Catholic Church has and it now has no interest in ‘prophesy again,’ though we now see great words enabling us to do so. We should give those same messages now; a time of Judgment is impending and we need to understand how “the Bridegroom comes” (not a rapture.)
Biblical reasons for a spring megaquake are shown at http://MayJudgmentDay.com and will be Christ’s ‘knock’ in the wedding parable of Luke 12:36 because the only other place where He knocks is Rev 3:20, for a lukewarm church that ended in an earthquake circa 63 AD. Type and anti-type. A huge earthquake will be the Judgment ‘as the days of Noah.’
Dr. Richard Ruhling’s primary focus in retirement has been Bible prophecy. He offers more information on the wedding parables at http://bit.ly/1MtyX9r He has authored ebooks with mostly 5-star reviews on Amazon at http://amzn.to/1JTMjY9